Top of page
Skip to main content
Someday is Today: Learn about Pima’s remote learning options and access virtual services.
2 PCC students with backpacks

Transfer to Pima

Thank you for choosing to continue your college education with Pima. Welcome!

Pima may count higher education courses that you've already taken toward a degree or certificate if

  • the coursework was completed at an institution accredited by any of the following accreditation commissions: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools; New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.; North Central Association of Colleges and Schools; Northwest Commission on Schools, Colleges and Universities; Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  • you earned at least a grade of C or its equivalent for the course.
  • you attended another Arizona community college to fulfill general education requirements for the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC).

Follow these steps to transfer to Pima with a minimum of disruption to your academic and career pursuits. We'll help you every step of the way.

It's quick and easy to apply for admission to PCC

Your transcript must be sent directly from the institution you previously attended to Pima Community College. The Admissions and Records Office will notify you that the transcript was received.


Have a paper official transcript sent from the institution you previously attended to

Pima Community College
District Office - Admissions and Records
4905B E. Broadway Blvd., Suite 220
Tucson, AZ 85709-1120


The institution you previously attended may send your transcript via email directly to

Submit a Student Request for Transcript Evaluation to the address above or fax to 520-206-4790.

You have six months, from the date PCC receives your transcript, to gain admittance and request a transcript evaluation. If you miss that deadline, your transcript will be destroyed.

Pima also accepts international transcript evaluations from all the member companies of the National Association Credential Evaluations Services (NACES). These evaluations will have a fee associated with them.  

Consider your options carefully. Verify that the company that you select is:

  • a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluations Services (NACES) and,
  • is approved to perform comprehensive evaluations for transfer to US Regionally Accredited Institutions such as county community colleges and state universities.

Courses taken internationally rarely can be used toward General Education coursework at Pima. Your international coursework will most likely be counted at Pima for elective credit only.  

Transcript evaluation appeals: Submit a Transcript Evaluation Appeal to the address or fax number listed above.

Back to main content Back to top